Wednesday, June 24, 2009

More Friends Join the Adventure!


Mike Paulucci arrived in Saigon last night around 11 pm with great fanfare! There were about 500 people crowded around the exit doors, and he thought Tina's village turned out for him, minus the marching band. However, the small crowd of Tina, Mike and me provided a loud greeting.

We are now in the small town of Di An, about 30-45 min away from the Saigon airport. This part of Vietnam is almost a carbon copy of the small towns that dot the Cambodian countryside. We were all exhausted by the time we got to her grandfather's house, so we hit the sack almost immediately. But not before turning down an offer to feed us! Everyone loves to eat here.

Luck runs in unpredictable streaks for me. Bad luck has arrived in just the past few days. Yesterday I got sick withsome intestinal curse, and spend the day trying to find the International SOS clinic. After walking in the heat halfway across Saidon, I found the address I printed out from the Internet. The building was now a small market. Seems they moved without updating the web. After calling, I was able to find out where it was, which was a short walk from where I began the day!! Oh well, the wonders of Cipro and Immodum AD are curing me.

This morning was a bit more of the bad luck. Somehow, I either left my phone at the restaurant, or it fell out on the moto ride, but it is gone for good. So if you are reading this expecting a call, you will need to wait. I will see about a replacement while I am here, but good phones are expensive here. Oh, and to finish off the morning, I burned my leg on the moto exhaust. Ouch!

Hey, life's a box of chocolates, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home