Monday, June 15, 2009

4 Days And Counting...


Getting ready for this trip, I took some time to look back at some photos from the last two trips to the orphanages. So much has happened in my life since this photo was taken... I am married now, I moved from Ohio to Los Angeles, I have a new family and the ravages of our broken economy have hit home.

But what about the lives of the kids? What changes have occured in their lives? Have they been healthy? Have they stayed in school? How many are still back at the original orphanage? Have they been loved? Like anyone who makes the trip to the other side of the world to visit those less fortunate, I made promises to return often so they would truly know they are not forgotten. Did pretty well by going there two years in a row, before life back in America took over. Now it is four years later, and I am FINALLY making another return visit.

I am a little apprehensive that so much has changed. The Asia's Hope orphanage model has drastically changed from a large facility to multiple smaller homes. The leadership of Asia's Hope has gone through some drastic changes. But I am hopeful that one constant has remained changed. The children. Their smiles. Their songs. Their hugs. Their laughter. Their energy.

I can't wait...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Lindsey said...

i remember this! :)

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home