Saturday, July 30, 2005

The Water Is Flowing!


Drilling the Well
Originally uploaded by Jim Sharvin.
Click on the photo to get to my photo page and see the latest uploaded photos from Thailand and Cambodia.

I have been back in the States for 10 days now, and the jetlag seems to be gone, which is a good thing. I think the longer you stay in a different time zone, the more permanently your body adjusts to it, and 7 weeks pretty much got to me!

Some good news to report for Asia's Hope: First, if you are trying to access the AH website, there is a problem, and someone will be working to correct it so access resumes.

Second, the new newsletter will be coming out in the next 10 days, and will feature information on our recent trip, including the miracle of the water well in Thailand.

Third, the Ohio Society of CPAs is doing a feature profile on me and my work with Asia's Hope in the September issue of our trade publication, which reaches almost 200,000 professionals!

Fourth, I was asked by the OSCPA's to speak at a seminar in Cincinnati on Aug. 13 on how professionals can learn to volunteer their time and skills in the communityand globally. Great opportunity to get more people involved in all aspects of volunteering!

I plan to keep this blog open, and would like to see some discussions concerning current issues, and how they impact each of us. In addition, I want to continue to bring you the current news from the children in Cambodia and Thailand.

So PLEASE, start commenting and speak out! It is a glorious day and the weekend should be perfect! Get outside and enjoy the weather!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home