Sunday, June 07, 2009

Back to SE Asia in 12 Days!

Wow, it seems like ages since I not only last posted, but actually set foot in SE Asia. Time to correct all that!

I head first to Vietnam on June 19, where I will meet up with my son Mike, and his girlfriend Tina, and her brother Tam. Mike P from CMH will make his arrival a few days later. We will spend some time in her family's little village outside of Saigon, and try to find a new orphanage I have learned about from friends here in LA. After a week in Vietnam, we will head over to Cambodia, where I will finally get to see the new orphanages operated through Asia's Hope. Even though AH has moved away from the large-scale orphanages, it is my hope to visit the first one in Phnom Penh that is still being operated by another organization now.

It will be great to be able to see Graham & Seda in PP, along with Debbie Gray's brother Michael & Bonnie. At some point, we will make it to some of the historical sites, and then up to Siem Reap for a day at the temples of Angkor Wat. When all that is concluded, they will venture to Thailand and then back to Vietnam to finish up their 8 week adventure, while I head directly back to Saigon for a flight back to LA a few days later.

Please put this blog address in your 'favorites' and check back often over the next three weeks for updates. This is all being made possible in connection with Mike's first overseas trip. I am truly blessed with a loving wife and family!

The adventure is rumbling underneath......

1 Comments:

Anonymous Susan Lynch said...

It's going to be fun, following your progress again this time! I enjoyed it so much the last time you went. Have a safe and blessed trip!

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home