Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Jesus Loves the Little Children

Tonight we said goodby to the kids at the Battambang orphanage.....after all the fun, there were rivers of tears. There is so much love inside these kids and they give it so completely. Like I said earlier, these kids keep drawing me back to this forsaken country. It was hard for all the first-timers to leave, but I have to say it is harder to leave them a second time. To have all these little angels hug you and cry with you and have them tell you they love you just fills your heart completely.

We had a blast (literally) tonight. I bought some fireworks at the market, and put on a big show at the orphanage. They love every minute of it....cheering and clapping....so we not only celebrated July 4th (a day late)...but also a little for Canada Day....but mostly just for the kids to enjoy. Now I have set a standard that I will have to not only match in Phnom Penh, but exceed next summer!

Wish us luck in the morning as we try to make it to Siem Reap. 8 of us are making the trip, but a big bridge is out and the big buses can't make it. I was told a smaller bus will take us to the bridge where a semi wrecked, then we get out and cross on foot to the other side, where another bus is supposed to be waiting to take us the rest of the way to Siem Reap. We will be back in Phnom Penh on Thursday afternoon.

That's all for now.....start planning youir mission trip to Cambodia with me for the summer of 2006!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home