Friday, July 01, 2005

Happy Canada Day!

Had to say that for the benefit of the 4 Canadians with us......

In Cambodia, you not only need a Plan B, but a C, D & E. Somehow, all 50 of the orphans and the staff from Battambang showed up this morning on a chartered bus...billed to Asia's Hope. The kids were all set to hit the waterpark. Great, except they were a week early! So we have over 100 kids at the PP orphanage, and now we are going to the water park tomorrow!

You have no idea how much energy 100+ kids can generate!

Tonight, 4 of us are going back to sleep over, which should be quite the experience!

Meestah Jeem is meeting his match, but they are such wonderful kids, that it makes everything not a problem!

More photos and stories tomorrow after we return from the water park!

2 Comments:

Blogger John McCollum said...

Ha!

Figures. That's so Cambodia, for you. Plan G anyone?

Well, it's a good thing you're not traveling with overly brittle people. With an open heart and plenty of American dollars, you can pull off anything on a moment's notice, can't you?

Have fun. I'm insanely jealous.

John

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meestah Jeem!

Meestah Jeembo and I just got home from a gig in Gahanna, and I had to check your Blog. Great -- now I'm hooked! I can't wait to hear your stories and see your pictures when you return to Columbus.

100 kids -- Jeeze-aloo! I have trouble keeping up with one 2 1/2 year-old most days. You're a far better man than I, Meestah Jeem.

The only thing that's greater than the amount of energy 100 children generate is the fabulous memories you'll have for years to come. Keep thinking that, and you'll be fine (easy for me to say, right?). Trust me. ;)

I want to wish you a happy 4th in Cambodia. May you hear just one western song the way it was meant to be played. And may it be Jimi Hendrix's version of the Star Spangled Banner.

Thinking of you,

Susie Squillions (and Meestah Jeembo)

12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home