Friday, July 03, 2009

Visit to Maison Chance in Saigon
















Made it back to Saigon after arriving at the Hanoi airport, only to be informed that my plane ticket was for a flight today from Saigon to Hanoi, not the other way around. And tourism is a university major here?? I left Mike, Tina and Mike P. in Hanoi, where they will soon head to Thailand and China for the last legs of their adventure.
Anyhoo, made it only an hour later on another airline (the refund adventure will be another story I am certain), and was picked up in the trusty Army Jeep again (joined by Tim and Jill, less than a day arrived from America) and headed to Maison Chance, about 20 min. away, through an utter maze of roads that foreigners rarely traverse.
We met Miss Tim Aline at the Take Wings Center and had a nice discussion of the progress of the new Maison Village, where there will be space for up to 150 people, all in wheelchairs. When we started to discuss the specifics of wheelchairs, she explained how important it is to have not only lightweight chairs, but chairs that fit the small frames of Vietnamese people, both as children and adults. So our marching orders (excuse the bad pun) are to locate a manufacturer that can make a chair in the 10-15 kilogram range.
I will post lots more upon my return, but for now, I just want to wish everyone back in America a very Happy 4th of July, since I will be traveling during that time. Especially visiting here in Vietnam, I am blessed to be the benefactor of everyone who has fought for our freedom. The price has always been steep, but freedom is truly priceless. Every trip I make outside of America, that vision is clarified evermore.
Catch you back in the States.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home