Saturday, June 27, 2009

Change of Plans!

You might have noticed I changed the name of my blog to 'Sharvin in SE Asia.'' It originally began as relating to only Cambodia, then Cambodia/Thailand, and then for this trip I changed it to Cambodia/Vietnam. To me it all is collapsed into SE Asia, and this is more descriptive, so this is what I am changing it to!

Also, we just changed our plans and are not going to Cambodia. Mike, Tina and Paulucci all got single-entry visas for Vietnam, and it was going to be a big hassle to change them just to go to Cambodia and then return to Vietnam to head up to Hanoi. As much as I would enjoy heading over to Cambodia and showing them those sights, they really made a good common-sense case for me joining them on the trip up to Hanoi and on to Halong Bay.

I am Mr. Flexible, and thought it would also give me more time to arrange things with the orphanages here in Vietnam, and to visit a glass factory that is for sale here in Saigon. All that said, we are taking a 3-day, 29 hour train up to Hanoi, stopping at various places along the way. We booked passage on a 4-person 'soft sleeper' cabin that is AC and all the luxuries of Vietnam! Then we will make our way to Halong Bay and then back to Hanoi, where I will fly back to Saigon and on to Tokyo, wheer I still hope to visit with Koy and Yoko.

Oh, and we are invited to a 'pasta party around the pool' at Sue McKinney's house today here in Saigon.

Should be a very interesting day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home